This Product Warranty is provided by Global Fitness & Leisure Pty Ltd ABN 961 3737 0953 of 23-25 Maygar Blvd Broadmeadows Vic 3047, telephone no. 03 9357 2166 ("Warrantor"), and relates to the products listed in the Schedule below.
- Subject to the terms below, the Warrantor will replace or repair free of charge the products listed in the Schedule below purchased from any of the Warrantor's authorised agent if the product is defective due to faulty materials or workmanship during the warranty period shown in the Schedule, commencing from the date of purchase.
- Products presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the products.
- To make a claim under this Product Warranty, you must return the defective product to the place of purchase together with the receipt or other proof of purchase.
- If the product is defective due to faulty materials or workmanship and you are entitled to a remedy under this Product Warranty, the Warrantor will bear your reasonable expenses of making a claim under this Product Warranty. This includes reimbursing the reasonable cost incurred by you in transporting the product to us, provided that you contact us in advance and obtain our prior approval.
- The Warrantor may seek from you reimbursement of any costs and expenses incurred by it if the product is found not to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship.
- The benefits given to you in this Product Warranty are in addition to your other rights and remedies under a law in relation to the products to which this Product Warranty relates. The Warrantor's products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the products repaired if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- XDS BICYCLES warrants to the original owner the replacement of original components and equipment of XDS bicycles due to defects in the material and/or workmanship according to the following conditions and limitations:
- Warranty coverage on bicycle frames and rigid forks extends for the lifetime of the bicycle while owned by the original retail purchaser, except for the following bicycles:
- Electric bicycles (Frame: lifetime warranty) all electric parts for a period of 12 months including battery.
- The components, other than frame and fork are warranted for 1 (one) year. Suspension forks and rear shock absorbers are excluded from this warranty and are covered by the stated warranty of their original manufacturers. Suspension related bearings, pivots and bushings are covered under this warranty.
- The original owner shall pay all freight and labour charges connected with the warranty and parts changeover.
Exclusions and limitations
- Subject to clause 6 above, but otherwise to the maximum extent permitted by law, this Product Warranty will not apply:
- if the product has not been installed, assembled, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the instructions, precautions, warnings, guides, notices, manuals and/or other documents provided at the point of sale or included with the product.
- if the product is used for commercial, professional or competitive purposes. The product is only intended for private use.
- to defect, damage or failure resulting from abnormal use, misuse, accident, neglect, abuse, tampering, incorrect handling or unauthorised repairs or modifications by any person, any act of God or other circumstances beyond our control.
- to damage caused to the product after the time of purchase.
- to any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the product to perform in accordance with its specifications.
- whilst the product is outside Australia.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL XDS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- This warranty is limited to the original retail purchaser ONLY and is not transferable.
- Normal wear, accident, abuse, neglect, improper assembly, improper maintenance by other then the Authorized dealer or use of parts of devices not consistent with the use originally intended for the bicycle as sold are not covered by this warranty.
- In order to exercise your rights under this limited warranty, the complete bicycle must be presented to an authorized XDS dealer for inspection, together with a receipt, bill of sale and other appropriate written proof of purchase, which identifies the bicycle by serial number. For information regarding the nearest dealer, consult our website www.gflgroup.com.au.
- This warranty is limited to replacing the defective part without charge and the company shall in no event be responsible for consequential or special damages.
- This bicycle is not intended for use in trick riding, ramp riding, jumping, aggressive riding, riding on severe terrain, riding in severe climates, racing, riding with heavy loads, institutional or industrial use, or any similar activities; such uses may damage the bicycle, can cause serious injury to the rider, and in all cases will void this warranty. Likewise, the bicycle is not intended for use with a motor.
- This warranty is expressly in lieu of any other warranties, any implied warranty, including any warranty of merchantability of fitness, shall be limited in duration to the duration the express warranty set forth herein.
- The return of the warranty registration form within 30 days of purchase is a condition precedent to coverage as provided herein.
- Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the terms of this warranty or any implied warranty is limited to the replacement of defective parts with those of equal or greater value at the sole description of XDS.
- Paint finish and decals are warranted for one year.
- This warranty does not cover corrosion or rusting of the frame or any part or accessory due to exposure to the weather or exposure to a chemical environment.
- Modification of the frame or components shall void this warrant.
- Useful Product Life Cycle: Every XDS bicycle and frameset has a useful life cycle. This useful life cycle is not the same as the warranty period. The warranty identifies the period of time that XDS will replace the product if this becomes necessary. When XDS provides a lifetime warranty, this does not guarantee that the product will last forever. The length of the useful life cycle of a XDS bicycle will vary depending on the type of bike, riding conditions and care the bike receives. Competition, jumping, downhill racing, free-riding, trick riding, trial riding, riding in severe conditions or climates, riding with heavy loads or any other non-standard use can substantially shorten the useful product life cycle of a XDS bicycle or frame set. Any one or a combination of these conditions may result in an unpredictable failure of a XDS bicycle or frame set that would not be covered by this warranty. All XDS bicycles and frame sets should be periodically checked by an authorized XDS dealer for indication of potential failures including cracks, corrosion, dents, deformation, paint peeling, and any other indications of potential problems, inappropriate use or abuse. These are important safety checks and very important in the prevention of accidents, bodily injury to the rider, and a shortened useful product life cycle of any XDS bicycle or frameset. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
- Subject to clause 6 above, but otherwise to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Warrantor will not be liable for any consequential or indirect loss or damage suffered or incurred by you in relation to a product, including but not limited to loss of use, loss or damage for business interruption, and loss of profits or revenue.